Configure Matomo to improve analytics reliability
We want to get the most accurate picture of DBnomics users, while still observing GDPR.
Ad blockers such as uBlock are increasingly used and tend to distort web analytics measures by tools like Matomo. There are ways to configure it:
- How to bypass analytics blockers like Ghostery or uBlock Origin
- Piwik Matomo : contourner Ublock, Adblock et les autres bloqueurs de pub
Search engines keywords
Some search engines may not specify the keyword used to reach your website (for example Google, DuckDuckGo, Firefox latest version now also removes keywords, etc.). Matomo (Piwik) will by default report the search keyword as “Keyword not defined”. It means that Matomo has detected that the visitor came from a search engine, but the keyword was not provided in the Referrer URL.
- How to import Google Search keywords in Matomo
- Set up Google Search Console
- Set up Google OAuth Client config